|Home >||Citizen Services>>Jago Grahak Jago|
NO LAWYER REQUIRED FOR FILING THE COMPLAINT
A complaint can be filed on a plain paper. It should contain:
• The name, description and address of the complainants and the opposite party
• The facts relating to complaint and when and where it arose
• Documents in support of allegations in the complaint
• The relief which the complainant is seeking
• The complaint should be signed by the complainant or his authorized agent
• Nominal court fee
|WHO CAN FILE A COMPLAINT?|
following can file a complaint under the Act:-
- A consumer
- Any voluntary consumer organization registered under the Registration of Societies Act,1860 or under the Companies Act,1956 or under any other law for the time being in force.
- The Central Government
- The State Government or Union Territory Administrations.
- One or more consumers on behalf of numerous consumers who are having the same interest
(Class action complaints)
|WHAT CONSTITUTE A COMPLAINT?|
the Consumer Protection Act 1986, a complaint means any allegation in
writing made by a complainant in regard to one or more of the following:-
- Any unfair trade practice as defined in the Act or restrictive trade practices like tie-up sales adopted by any trader.
- One or more defects in goods. The goods hazardous to life and safety, when used, are being offered for sale to public in contravention of provisions of any law for the time being in force.
- Deficiencies in services.
- A trader charging excess of price.
(i) Fixed by or under any law for the time being in force or
(ii) Displayed on goods or
(iii) Displayed on any packet containing such good.
(iv) The goods brought by him suffer one or more defects.
|WHERE TO FILE A COMPLAINT?|
If the cost of goods or services and compensation asked for is up to rupees
20 lakh ,then the complaint can be filed in the District Forum which has
been notified by the State Government for the district where the cause
of action has arisen or where the opposite party resides. A complaint
can also be filed at a place where the branch office of the opposite party
- If the cost of goods or services and compensation asked for is more than rupees 20 lakh , but less than rupees One Crore then the complaint can be filed before the State Commission notified by the State Government or Union Territory Concerned.
- If the cost of goods or services and compensation asked for exceed rupees One Crore then the complaint can be filed before the National Commission at New Delhi.
|HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT?|
for filing complaints and seeking redressal are simple.
complainant or his authorized agent can present the complaint in person.
|PLEASE NOTE : For all your consumer problems call : Toll Free National Consumer Help Line Number 1600-11-4000 (From BSNL/MTNL lines)|